|Animating the 21st Century DV Fanatics film open.|
In the first comp we will build this week, I've combined the 3D_build_21_century comp with 2 layers of the 3D_build_light_tower comp in a new comp named 3D_build_centuryscape. This will allow me to treat all three objects as a single object more easily than if I had established a parent/child relationship.
|The layers of the 3D_build_centuryscape comp in the After Effects timeline.|
|The layers of the 21st_DVfanatics comp in the After Effects timeline.|
- I started out by adding the sky_image.jpg layer which slowly zooms in to give the clouds some motion. This is done by starting with a SCALE set to 74% and ending with a SCALE of 100%.
- Next I've added an ADJUSTMENT LAYER named SPOTLIGHTS. This contains the 3 spotlights that are behind the 3D_build_centuryscape layer. The SPOTLIGHTS are animated by keyframing the ENDING POINT of the BEAM effects.
- The 3D_build_centuryscape layer is next. Make sure Collapse Transformations is enabled.
- The 3D_build_foreground layer is on top of the 3D_build_centuryscape. Make sure Collapse Transformations is enabled on this layer as well.
- The next 3 layers are the lights for the 3D layers. I have 2 POINT lights for the 3D_build_centuryscape and the 3D_build_foreground layers. An AMBIENT light to is used to fill in some of the shadows.
- The ADJUSTMENT LAYER named SPOTLIGHTS on the second from the top layer has the two spotlights that come from the light towers (3D_build_light_tower) we built. These require a mask so that they don't cover the light fixture at the top of the light tower.
- The topmost layer is an ADJUSTMENT LAYER with a ADD GRAIN filter. This gives the comp a film look and better blends the clean 3D objects to the grainier cloud image in the background.
|The effects settings for Spotlights.|
Here is what the rendered Adobe After Effects sequence should look like.