|Web resources for finding professional video work.|
These aren't necessarily resources that come highly recommended, but instead are just more resources that you may not have already thought of. The listings are in no particular order other than alphabetical order.
- Elance - From what I've seen of listings so far, a lot of the opportunity postings are looking for work done at "bargain-basement" prices. I will check in from time to time and see if that changes.
- LinkedIn - The listings on LinkedIn are more general than some of the other resources, but they are paid job placements. I generally feel more optimistic when I see listings that are paid for. It generally means the companies are willing to pay what the position is worth.
- Mandy - Keep in mind that mandy.com permits ads recruiting lo/no paid work only if they are on self-funded, not-for-profit short films. Unfortunately, a number of companies violate those terms. The good news is mandy.com enables easy filtering out of lo/no paid ads. The Avid Editors of Facebook recently had a discussion about a company that was in obvious violation of the terms on mandy.com.
- New England Film - This free resource is obviously dedicated to the New England area only, but there might be a similar resource in your area. Similar to mandy.com, this resource also lists unpaid jobs, but they can easily be filtered out.
- ProductionHUB - This listing doesn't have the quantity of some of the other resources (in the Boston area at least), but the listings they have seem to be more directed at professionals. This means there are very few of the no-pay jobs.
Although this isn't a long list it contains some of the resources I check in with from time to time. If there are any websites that you use on a regular basis, please feel free to add them into the comments section of this blog posting.